Tuesday, December 29, 2009

IE Issues and New Programs Installed In My Computer

* * * * * * * * * * * * *
  *|||||||||||||||*
  * |     _       _    | *
   *|         ~         |*
  *  - - - - - - - - - -  *

I prefer my IE7 than my current IE8!

IE8 is... well, bloated. I prefer Chrome's simple and clean layout. Not only that, IE8's loading time when started is slower than IE7... or is that just me?

But my biggest issue right now is that it won't open link in new tab even though I right-clicked on the right option (Open In New Tab)! ..... What is going on? After I complained, it suddenly open correctly in new tab. Why is it trying to annoy me?

I think I might need to reinstall IE7. I just don't like this new IE8. To think that I actually have a high expectation for IE8...

 _____________________
|   ________________    |
|  |                           |  |             _________________
|  |                           |  |     -->    |                          |
|  |                           |  |             |                          |
|   -----------------------   |             |                          |
|____________________|             |_______________|


Other than that, I've installed another new programs today. One of them is called Sizer. It is a simple program to resize any window to predefined size. It seems to work fine with IE but doesn't work in Chrome. Maybe because I haven't restart Chrome application or the my computer. Anyway, it's just to early to conclude anything right now.

Another one is called Microsoft Office PowerPoint Viewer 2007. The reason is obvious. I don't have MS Office 2007 Suite.

But it's kinda strange. I rarely install new programs because I have this "If it's not broken, don't need to try anything new' issue. It's not like I hate to try new programs, I just don't like it if the new program ends up messing up my computer. Anyway, I installed 5 new programs just this month. And I don't think I'm going to delete any of them any time soon either.

New programs installed:

Gadwin PrintScreen
(Reason: I've forgotten already)

CamStudio
(Reason: Trying to record Neopets' Advent Calendar animation but failed because this program don't record the audio.)

Swiff Player
(Reason: No flash player)

Microsoft Office PowerPoint Viewer 2007
(Reason: No MS Office 2007 Suite)

Sizer
(Reason: To test web page in different screen size)
Related Posts with Thumbnails