Sunday, January 3, 2010

The Different Treatments to Men and Women

While reading a fanfiction, I suddenly remember this rant by an acquaintance on Tagged. His account was suspended (I don't remember the exact phrase) for showing picture of his naked butt to the public (Eww!). So he has to create a new account. That's when we started talking. I didn't see or want to see his naked butt.

But he was a strange old man. He wasn't even ashamed for doing it. So I asked him why he did it. I didn't expect him to answer this question at all but he did.

He didn't like the different way Tagged handle male and female accounts. He saw a lot of accounts with naked women on it and they are not suspended by Tagged. He showed me one of the account. Well, the woman was really hot (yo, I'm no lesbian) and she had her nipples exposed. He told me that it was a fake account because there was only one picture in it. If it wasn't fake, the owner would has posted more pictures of her there. I guess that make sense.

Anyway, that's why he did it and then he got suspended. So he was ranting at the unfair treatment.

It was kinda amusing but he got mad at me when I ask him why he think it's unfair and the reason this happen too many times. :D I guess I should have known when to stop but I still didn't get any satisfying answer from him other than it's unfair. He told me I'm slow (I forgot the exact word he used). :(

Back to fanfiction I am rereading, one of the character mentioned that he found it's odd that another character who is pictured as an insane women got so much attention than her husband when they are both equally insane. He assumed it was because she was female and for some reason, people find demented woman more sensational than a demented man.

I think men are usually describe as rowdy, reckless, brave, strong, intelligent creature. It's a normal thing if a man is crazy, scary, weird, or anything bad. They already have the bad reputation from birth. Women on the other hand are usually described as gentle, weak, lovely, easily scared, and not quite as intelligent as men so it's unusual for a woman to be insane, demented, scary and such unless they are old witches.

Which one would be more interesting to listen or see? The normal bad boy or the insane and sadistic girl? Of course, it's the insane and sadistic girl, right? Ah, so that's why gay men are more interesting than handsome straight men too. :D I've been wondering about that and didn't realize this before. Oh, well.. I guess I am slow.

Anyway, it is the same thing with naked man and woman. Because Tagged has so many member, I'm pretty sure that it relies on its member to report offensive accounts like most other sites. And since it's a normal sight for woman to wear sexy or less cloth than men, it is less or not offensive at all to people watching so these accounts are left alone. But, it's highly unusual for a man to go naked on his profile photo so people are more sensitive about it and would probably report this on first sighting.

This is just my theory though.
Related Posts with Thumbnails