Sunday, November 15, 2009

Fast Google Translate Service

I found this out by accident. Click on the picture below to view larger image.




Pretty cool, ha? You can translate directly on Google Search.

I know I've seen this Google Translate lots of time but I didn't know how it works. Now that I know, I don't have to go to CitCat for quick translation service. :)

You can use this translation service  for long essays, blog post and uploaded documents too but you would have to go to Google Translate homepage to do this. The layout is very simple and easy to understand. See picture below. Would you really need any more instruction? :)



It seems like there is no text limit either. I've tried it with a story chapter that is 2460 words or 13390 characters long and no part is cut. It's a great service, isn't it? But....

I'm still not gonna rely on this website just yet for English to Malay translation and Malay to English translation. It's just not that good yet. Some of the words translated from English to Malay are not even Malay but actually Indonesian. For now, I think CitCat is better than Google Translate.

But then again, on Google Translate, if you are good in certain language then you can help them to improve its translation service. After using Google translation service, "Contribute a better translation" link will appear below the translated text. Just click on it to edit and improve the translated text.


Lol at the translated text! :D

Now look at CitCat translation text. Make more sense, isn't it?



I wonder how long Google Translate will take to improve its Malay - English translation service quality to CitCat level?

Related Posts with Thumbnails