Another White Space in the Memory Of My Life
Blonde: So what is this drink anyway?
Creepy guy: A roofie-coolada. (sinister snicker)
Blonde: Oh. Okay! (laughs)
--Virgil's, W 44th St
via Overheard in New York, Nov 26, 2009
I didn't get it so I did some research.
Roofie Colada is also known as Rape Juice! Colada is some kind of alcoholic drink. Ruffie is the slang term for a drug called Rohypnol. So basically Roofie Colada (Coolada is just the way that creepy guy said it's not the real spelling) is an alcoholic drink that has been contaminated or spiked with Rohypnol. It is a fast acting drug even in small dose. It would cause blackout and the victim won't be able to remember the assault afterwards.
Well, okay.. I'm definitely not a drinker and I live in a place where people don't normally drink alcohol so it's normal for me to not know this. But, for this girl not knowing this even though she is from New York where there are a lot of victims already is kinda strange. Maybe she (me too) thought the guy is joking? Or maybe she uses it often enough as recreational drug so she doesn't care? That is another common misuse of this drug after all.
I would be afraid to drink that though. I wonder what should I do in this situation? Throw it out? How do I do that without being rude? What if the guy is just joking? I'm not planning to drink alcohol EVER but this drug is colorless, odorless and tasteless. That means it can be diluted in any liquid without any trace. I think I've read somewhere about a girl raped after drinking from a juice carton (it's already opened) given by a male friend. She don't remember anything either.
I guess I could always say no if someone offer to buy me a drink to avoid this situation. (As if that would ever happen :P)
More info on this drug? Go to wikipedia lol :D No kidding!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rohypnol